Mr. Tilem represents many high profile clients in civil and criminal matters. Mr. Tilem served for ten years in the New York District Attorney’s office under Robert Morgenthau, first as an Assistant District Attorney and later as a Senior Prosecutor, where he prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases including crimes of violence, white-collar crimes and homicides. Mr. Tilem was honored for his effort by various departments within the New York City Police Department including the Detective Bureau, the Organized Crime Investigation Division and the Police Academy. Mr. Tilem was also assigned to conduct educational and training classes for police officers, prosecutors and public schools. As a private practitioner, Mr. Tilem has continued to litigate both civil and criminal cases including a wide variety of real estate, commercial, estate, criminal, matrimonial and Family Court matters. Mr. Tilem appears regularly as a legal commentator on television including 60 Minutes and CNN as well as in the newspaper.
Mr. Tilem was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and was awarded his Bachelors of Arts Degrees in Economics and Biology from Carnegie-Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Mr. Tilem received his Juris Doctor (JD) from Pace University School of Law at the White, Plains, New York campus in the spring of 1991.
Mr. Tilem is admitted to practice law in the United States Supreme Court, United states Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, State Courts of Connecticut and New York and in the Federal Courts of the United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York and the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. Mr. Tilem has also been admitted and appeared pro hac vice in the Federal Court in New Jersey, State Court of New Jersey, and in the State Court of Maryland.
Areas of Practice:
- Litigation of civil and criminal cases and a wide variety of real estate, commercial, estate, criminal, matrimonial and Family Court matters
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- State Courts of Connecticut and New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Pace University School of Law, J.D.
- Carnegie-Mellon University, B.A. in Economics and Biology